With the Tour de Yorkshire last month, followed by the Tour de France in July, cycling is very much in the spotlight, inspiring many of us to dust down our own two wheeled transport and get out and about using pedal power.
I am never sure why watching people struggling uphill on a TV screen makes us want to do the same but whatever the reason, it’s great to cycle as it is fun, a brilliant way to explore and really good for you. No wonder people want to cycle whilst on holiday.
Best part of cycling whilst on holiday in France
- Rekindle your love of cycling at your own pace
- A leisurely way to explore the region
- Many quiet country roads to cycle along through unspoilt countryside
- Lots of sunny days – it’s much nicer to cycle when it isn’t raining
- Great way to burn off all the lovely French food and wine
Bike hire brought to your door
Of course if you are an avid cyclist, then perhaps you would want to bring your own bicycle but sometimes it isn’t possible or just not worth the hassle. Don’t worry as you are visiting a country which takes cycling very seriously. One such place near our Bijou Barn holiday rental, is Velo Plus who offer bike hire and also bike maintenance. They are experienced cyclists, offering a wealth of information to make your cycling experience in south west France the most fun.
Why choose Velo Plus for your holiday bike hire?
- Their knowledge and experience of cycling is vast
- Excellent standard of bikes to choose from
- Well maintained equipment by a qualified mechanic
- They offer great advice about cycle routes dependant on your experience
- They can deliver the bikes to Bijou Barn
- Option to hire for the day (8.00am – 6.00pm)
Our ideas for days out on bikes in the region
Sometimes it’s just nice to set off on your bike and see where you end up, but if you only have one day then a bit of planning will mean that you get the most out of the day and your bike. Here are a few ideas of what can be done.
- Visit a vineyard for wine tasting
- Cycle along the riverside paths
- Ride to a restaurant for lunch and pottery painting
- Cycle to a mini lake with its own beach and restaurant
There is something very therapeutic about cycling. The motion, the ability to travel quite long distances at a pace where all the special details of the area can be viewed, not to mention the feeling of satisfaction and achievement when it’s all over.
If you take anything back from your holiday in France,
make sure it is the love of cycling.
If you are staying at Bijou Barn and would like to arrange bike hire then please contact us.
Images: Craven District Council and Velo Plus